Welcome
Welcome to kitsaptribabes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Calendar

A Place for the TriBabes to Discuss.

Calendar

Postby TriTurtle » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Dear One & All -- Here is a HUGE info blast for you . . . so, if you need a quick read, just read the bold info!!!
FIRST: We only need two more people to make the Advanced Swim Workshop a GO this Sunday, December 4th, so please email me asap if you want to attend!!! Remember, it is from 10a.m. - Noon at the Jarstad Pool at the Bremerton YMCA.
SECOND: I will offer a Beginner Swim Workshop on Sunday, December 18th. This is intended for people who either do NOT know how to do the Freestyle/Crawl stroke or who are uncomfortable doing so. We will start at the VERY beginning and systematically build your Freestyle/Crawl stroke. If you are a Vet who is still comPLETing by primarily using a "comfort" or "desperation" stroke, then NOW is the time to "pink up" your game!!! If you are a prospective Newbie for 2012 and are not comfortable in the water, this workshop is the perfectly pink first step for you!!! The class will be held from 10a.m. to Noon at the Jarstad Pool at the Bremerton YMCA. Cost is $20 per person.
THIRD: You asked for it, you got it!!! We WILL proceed with the 2nd annual Pink Polar Plunge on Saturday, December 31st at 9:00a.m. at Wildcat Lake. Last year the Beatty's and Kaesar's kindly hosted 18 (ish) brave "plungers" at their private dock on Wildcat Lake (for documented proof, Google, "Pink Polar Plunge" on YouTube). THIS YEAR, the goal is to TRI to collect the final funds necessary to get THE SHELTER built at Wildcat Lake. We are about $1000 short. So, we will charge $25 a person and call it a "Prance & Plunge" (but, the few, the proud, the still frozen from last year know that it is REALLY the 2nd Annual Pink Polar Plunge;) This "newly named" event is open to all Tri Babes (past, present, and future) as well as all Tri Babe Supporters willing and able to admit to having had participated in something with the word, "Prance," in the title!!! Exactly what you do after you pay your $25 and show up is up to you. But, here is my pinkest vision: we will "prance" the 3.4 miles around the lake. Then, the very pinkest amongst us will quickly jump into and out of the water. Everyone who pays and "prances" will get a commemorative shirt and free coffee/hot chocolate. Those pink enough to "plunge" will be offered a flavorful "additive" to their warming beverage. No one will get a medal . . . we are keeping the administrative costs "on the downlow" so as to maximize the amount we can donate to the Parks Department.
FOURTH: Just when I thought it was safe to categorically dismiss and denigrate ALL cheerleaders (as loath as I am to admit it, I WAS one myself WAY back when which means I can castigate ALL I want, whenever I want), those enviable, entitled &itches go and do something admirable. Darn them!!! Please, please, please, click on this link and watch this video. Simply clicking on this link and watching this inspiring video contributes to a worthy cause. While watching, please keep in mind that, way back when, the Kitsap Tri Babes originated to support the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer efforts. YES . . . I have put on my BGPs, been a "good girl," and scheduled my yearly mammogram (not a moment too soon) . . . have YOU? Also, I beg you to notice the diversity of age, ability, fitness level, etc. even amongst former Professional Cheerleaders . . . http://www.KomenPhiladelphia.org/Video
However and more importantly, this video BEGS the question . . . do you WANT to reprise the Pink Flash Mob this year?!?!?!?!?!?! If you DO want to, we COULD pull this together for a spontaneous "performance" at the Kitsap Mall on the afternoon of Sunday, December 18th . . . let me know!!!
IMMEDIATELY UPCOMING EVENTS:
~ Friday, December 2nd and Saturday December 3rd: PLEASE come support fellow Tri Babe, Kim Duff, at the Southall Days Holiday Sale. Kim will be promoting her "Eat Your Greens" merchandise. Yes, I LOVE pink, but, as your Tri Turtle, green is my highest color choice!!! For comPLETE info, please go to thehttp://www.kitsaptribabes.com website calendar!!!
~ Saturday, December 3rd: Port Orchard 5K/3.1 mile Jingle Bell Run/Walk. Your Tri Turtle and volunteer extraordinarre, Sandy Willoughby, will be there in SOME capacity . . . just look for the person combining the "Pink & Green" spirit -- that will be ME!!! For comPLETE info, go to: http://portorchardjinglebellrun.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=478806
~ Sunday, December 4th: Advanced Swim Workshop, 10:00a.m. - Noon @ Jarstad Pool at the Bremerton YMCA. Email your Tri Turtle to confirm your spot. Cost: $20 -- remember, I DO have to rent out the pool!!!
~ Sending you all the Holiday Cheer I can muster . . . Lisa Be Your Tri Turtle!!!
TriTurtle

Re: Calendar

Postby Craig » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:00 am

Dear Tri Babes -- I wanted to make sure that all of you know that you are welcome AND wanted at West Sound Triathlon Club's "Expo" this Saturday, February 25th from Noon - 4p.m.. This is a free event that they are putting on. It will be held at the Silverdale Community Center (CSTOCK) located at 9729 Silverdale Way NW.
Here is what you can expect to enjoy and benefit from if you attend:
~ GEAR SWAP!!! Bring any gear that you have "outgrown" and swap it for upgraded equipment!!!
~ Lots of FITNESS BOOTHS to visit!!! The lovely, effervescent, and informative Johanna Willoughby will be WOmanning the Kitsap Tri Babe booth from 1p.m. - 2p.m. and from 2:30p.m. - 4:00p.m. (I will be uselessly flitting around in my new pink Betsey Johnson stilettos;) Visit the booth to get an informational jumpstart on our upcoming 2012 Kitsap Tri Babe training season. If so desired, you can also purchase Tri Babe merchandise (such as Tri Tops $45, bumper stickers $5, and water bottles $5). If you KNOW (as in there are NO REFUNDS) that you want to register for the 2012 Tri Babe Training Program, please bring the attached Registration Form, Waiver and payment. (But, don't worry, you will have MANY more opportunities to become an official 2012 Tri Babe in the upcoming months.)
~ FITNESS LECTURES & WORKSHOPS!!! Knowledgeable personnel and experienced triathletes will be providing info on a wide range of fitness topics. Your Tri Turtle will deliver a "Keynote Presentation" at 2:00p.m. addressing the topic of "Overcoming Fitness Obstacles at All Triathlon Levels." At 2:30, there will be "break-out" presentations for Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Triathletes. Your Tri Turtle will obviously conduct the info session for BEGINING triathletes!!!
~ For more comPLETE info, visit: http://www.wstri.org

FYI . . . Here is quick list of Important 2012 Kitsap Tri Babe dates just so you can start reserving them!!!
~ Tuesday, April 24th: Official Kitsap Tri Babe Meet & Greet from 6-8p.m. at Cougar Valley Elementary . . . come learn all you need to know (and more) about to the Tri Babes and our training group.
~ Sunday, April 29th: Kitsap Country Medical Society's Annual Fun Run at the Kitsap Fairgrounds . . . this FAMILY event is our traditional "Season Kick-off." Come walk or run the very first mile (or 3.1 miles) of your 2012 Triathlon journey!!!
~ Saturday May 12th: Once again, Poulsbo Running will host our Annual Gear Festival from 10a.m. - 4p.m. They will provide amazing discounts on all the gear you will need for your triathlon training season. As always, you will be able to purchase wetsuits at a significant savings AND Blue Seventy will give a special "gift" to the first 100 Tri Babes.
~ Saturday, June 2nd: Our VERY FIRST BRICK of the 2012 Training season!!!
~ Tuesday, June 5th: Put on your Big Girl Panties and participate in our Lake Swim Orientation!!!
Let me know if you have any questions . . . Lisa Be excited to see you soon one way or another!!!
Last edited by Craig on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sent for Coach B
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Apr 24th - Official KTB Meet & Greet 6 - 8pm Cougar Valley Elementary
Apri 29th - Kitsap County Medical Society's Annual Fun Run
Aug 19th - Danskin Triathlon, Seattle
Sept 9th - Tri Turtle Tri, Wildcat Lake
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:44 am

May 12th - Gear Festival at Poulsbo Running 10am-4pm
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Sun May 06, 2012 12:38 am

June 2nd - 1st Brick
Last edited by Craig on Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected date
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 am

May 20th - Bike Handling Workshop 3-5p.m. at KSS
June 2nd - First BRICK
June 3rd - Beginner & Advanced Swim Workshop 9-11a.m. at Jarstad Pool
June 5th - 7:30 Lake Swim Orientation at Wildcat Lake
Aug 5th - Mini-Tri at Wildcat Lake
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 am

Date correction: The Mini-Tri is on Aug 4th, not the 5th as previously posted.
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Aug 11th - WSTC Wild Hare
Sept 22nd - Poulsbo OOTD Community Walk
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:46 am

~ there will NOT be an Athlete's Hour this Saturday, February 2nd.
~ Saturday February 9th, Athlete's Hour @ Expansions Yoga 10:30-11:30a.m. Cost $7 RUN FOCUS
~ Saturday February 16th Bike Trainer Workshop @ Expanions Yoga 10:30a.m. - Noonish Cost $15
~ Saturday February 23rd, Athlete's Hour @ Expansions Yoga 10:30-11:30a.m. Cost $7 SWIM FOCUS
~ Upcoming: "Training for Longer Distances" Workshop, Beginner Swim Workshop, and an Intermediate Swim Workshop
Craig
Site Admin

Postby Craig » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 pm

March 15th - Athleta Iron Girl Triathlon Registration MIGHT OPEN on line

March 16th 10:30-11:30 - Athlete's Hour SWIM focus

March 23rd - No Athelete's Hour - Go Vipers; Go Buffs!

March 30th 10:30-11:30 - Athlete's Hour RUN focus
Craig
Site Admin

Next

Return to KitsapTriBabes